Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween on Boabab Ct.

I got into the spirit of Halloween by making a mummy costume. I had volunteered to help a 6th grade teacher (whom I met at the detention center) with her Halloween party for school and introduce the social studies topic about Egypt. I got the instructions from "youtube". The instructions on youtube stated ‘follow these simple instructions’. They were NOT so simple after all. I was up until 2am Friday morning. The instructions failed to inform the reader that when you sew woven fabric to a cotton T-shirt (as per instructions), the fabric won’t let the T-shirt stretch…..hence, my medium sized T shirt ended up being a size 8 toddler T-shirt. I had to cut the arms and side seams to get the darn thing on. Roger chuckled as he took these pictures. He said, “this isn’t a very happy mummy”…..that dry Harrie humor comes out again.

4 comments:

Kasey said...

Bev, you are hilarious! You should wear it when you get to Anchorage.

Nicole said...

That is an awesome mummy costume! Good thing it worked out since you were up so late working on it.

Alisa Frei said...

Nicely done mom. I'm impressed with the costume AND your technical skills!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev! How are you guys doing? We saw Roger over Thanksgiving when him and Greg came up to the condo! Hope all is well!