I can't believe it is October. These past few months are just a blur. I'm fighting a head cold and don't feel well, so I thought I'd catch up on a few things. It's about time don't you think? Well, Dad's/Roger's book got published!!!! Hooray. I am so proud of him....and to think he wrote it while being bishop. He just said one day, "I'm starting my book and I'm committing to write for 1 hour every day." Can you imagine such self discipline? Rain or shine, in the midst of bishop crisis's, meetings, counseling or fatigue....he was on that laptop EVERYDAY. He methodically determined it would take 1 year....and that it did. Oh, and that is on top of his nightly treadmill routine from 10:00-10:30pm everynight. He is such an amazing example of inner strength and will-power. I get teary-eyed when I think of those qualities he has....and that inner strength I love so much. I try to be more like him, but I just get so distracted with the smallest things.
I feel his book is his legacy to the profession he loves so much. Much of ophthalmic ultrasound echography is not well understood. His patient referrals come from a six state region, demonstrating most local ophthalmologists are not skilled enough to interpret and diagnose with ultrasound. One of his hopes is that this book will provide an interest for continued learning in the field. He knows it's not going to be a best seller, nevertheless, an invaluable textbook for all in his field.


1 comment:
That's AMAZING!!!! Congratulations Roger!
Post a Comment