Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Seattle Visitors

Alisa, Sheldon and the kids arrived on Wednesday, May 20th. I had tried to pack everything before they arrived so I could enjoy the family. But, as usual, I had last minute preparations to do before our Mongolia trip in two days. Alisa and Sheldon have to split their time between Springville, where Sheldon's parents live, and SLC. So spending a couple days with us at the beginning of their trip worked out well because they were able to use the Honda Pilot as their vehicle while we were gone.

Their MO is planning their arrival time to take in a meal at La Puente on the way home. Some of their friends met us there and we had a delightful time. Baby Jackson is already 1/4th the length of Alisa...he has grown so fast. Alisa says he's in the 90th percentile in length...can't figure that one out. I took DJ and Ciara to the Murray-Holladay Recreation Center where we swam for hours. I was sorry I didn't get any pictures because I forgot the camera. DJ can swim and Ciara loves to dog paddle. It was fun to play in the water with them. Both of them have been taking swimming lessons and it shows in their fearless actions.

It was sad to say good-bye, but I managed to round-up the kids for a photo shoot. I must say, I now understand why Alisa hasn't sent me any family photos...you just can't get them to smile naturally, or sit for any length of time. Ciara kept kicking up her legs, putting her fingers up her nose and in her mouth and she just wasn't interested. DJ tried his best to humor grandma. Sweet Jackson, just sat quietly on Grandma Bev's lap.

1 comment:

Alisa Frei said...

Ahhh, I love it! Thanks again for letting us come visit and use your car. DJ still says, "remember grandma's playroom..." and Ciara still talks about running through the sprinklers. Thanks again!