We played ping-pong (I won) and Air Hockey (Roger won)...we enjoyed the evening together. We also explored Midway's countryside by car. The clouds were spectacular. This picture was especially breathtaking. Roger suggested I send it to KSL.com, so I did. KSL has picture contests. Nothing will probably come of it but the picture spoke to our hearts and we reflected upon Paul's safe arrival back home from the army and Afganistan.
The clouds slowly moved across the hillside. We loved watching the clouds all weekend. The forecast will turn hot next week, so I was trying to engrave every raindrop into memory.
We attended Midway's 5th Ward Sacrament Meeting today. They asked all the men to come up to the choir seats to sing to the congreation, "Called to Serve". They invited all the men, including any visitors. The choir area was packed, men were standing everywhere up front and into the aisles. It was a wonderful site to see Roger singing and to hear all the male voices in unison. We just attended Sacrament Meeting because we wanted to get down the mountain to escape the crowds. Roger relunctly posed for this picture. Thanks Roger for being a good sport.
This slideshow might seem boring to you, but on our way back to Salt Lake, I opened the sky-roof and climbed out with half my body into the wind. Roger thought I was crazy. I loved feeling the brisk air in my face. I felt like I was riding a motorcyle.
I have so much respect and admiration for Roger. I love him so much. His unassuming nature, combined with his deep committment to 'give back' to mankind endears my heart even deeper. He is so adaptable, even, steady and just my rock. When my life seems overwhelming and difficult I can lean on him, hold on to that rock of character and gather strength to continue with greater determination. Roger is my ray of sunshine that feeds my soul. Life with you is one adventure after another. And for someone who doesn't like adventure per se....I love adventuring with you. Thank you for being a man and father of integrity, kindess, strength and character.
Paul and Greg went on a river rafting trip over the weekend, but Alicia came by to visit and eat with us. Collectively, Alicia, Nicole, Janelle, Greg and Paul gave him some cool books that he was most interested in. Dad had phone visits from Nicole and Janelle. Nicole and Dad spoke for almost an hour talking about an ocular ultrasound she did for a doctor in Houston. Roger also appreciated the calls from Alisa, Matt and Adam.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD/ROGER!
2 comments:
Happy Father's Day Dad!!
aww, what a nice post! drew & i feel pretty lucky to have uncle roger in our lives too :) {in fact, drew would always say, after we got home from sunday dinner, "you know, i really like uncle roger" haha :)}
and those pictures you took are seriously amazing. wow!
Post a Comment