Thursday, July 9, 2009

Houston's Best Attraction

 
Posted by Picasa


How in the world can I select from the above boat-load of memories in just a blog. I guess I'll just have to start from the beginning...way back in June.

I'm going to erase from my memory the record-breaking heat wave while I was in Houston because Houston has the best attraction ever....Kate Sophia Richardson!
 
Posted by Picasa

Kate is a very active, articulate, very bright 20 month old. When Nicole picked me up at the airport, Kate was a little reluctant to give permission for me to approach her, but as soon as "gwama" magically produced a furry little hand-puppet duck, the frowny face turned upside down.
 
Posted by Picasa

It didn't take very long for Kate and "gwama" to become friends. Little did Kate realize that "gwama" had a suitcase of small bribes.
 
Posted by Picasa

Kate was happy to see gwama. Little did she know at the time that mommie and daddy were going on a little vacation and soon it would just be the two of us.
 
Posted by Picasa


Now let me introduce George, the dog. I think he knew Nicole and Jason were going to board him during my stay.

 
Posted by Picasa


I arrived in Houston a couple days early so I could get used to Kate's schedule. I was impressed by Nicole's culinary skills. She's a great cook!!!! She fixed gourmet dinners every night. We had dinner in her formal dining room with china and linens. I felt like I was eating at a fancy restaurant. Here's a pic my first dinner with the Richardsons.
 
Posted by Picasa


Nicole made a key lime cheesecake for dessert. It was sososo good. This is the 'before they left' picture.
 
Posted by Picasa

this is the 'after they got back' picture. UMMMMMM...good.
 
Posted by Picasa


This is gwama's first breakfast experience with Kate.
 
Posted by Picasa


I quickly learned that Kate LOVES water...wherever it is. AND she loves to take off her clothes. I hope she grows out of this stage or she may be headed for a career in Las Vegas!
 
Posted by Picasa


...the END result
 
Posted by Picasa


I learned to close the garage door before I let Kate out of the car, otherwise she dashed down the driveway. I think she'll be a sprinter. (Jason and Nicole live in a gorgeous neighborhood, don't you think?)
 
Posted by Picasa


Kate loves:
...to spit water
 
Posted by Picasa


...to play 'this little piggy went to market'
 
Posted by Picasa


...the sweet fragrance of flowers
 
Posted by Picasa


...to go to Primary
 
Posted by Picasa


...to play with others
 
Posted by Picasa


...to play at the mall (as opposed to shopping at the mall)
 
Posted by Picasa


...to watch 'Spongebob' in her favorite chair
 
Posted by Picasa


...the feeling of being free of the encumbrance of clothes
 
Posted by Picasa


...the neighborhood swimming pool
 
Posted by Picasa


...bath time
 
Posted by Picasa


...to laugh
 
Posted by Picasa


I had a great time with Kate in Houston. We had alot of fun. Consistant with our other 9 grandchildren, Kate is not a good eater. But that was ok. I have had plenty of practice with the 9 others in this regard.
 
Posted by Picasa


Kate loves gwama...AND gwama loves Kate!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa


On my last night in Houston, I met with our friend Jenny and her boyfriend, Curtis, at the Aquarium Seafood Restaurant. The dining experience was awesome. We ate with huge sharks, eels and exotic fish encased in two-story glass walls.
 
Posted by Picasa


On a scale from 1 to 10, this trip was a 10+. Thank you, Kate, for a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Thanks for posting this Bev! There are so many great pictures of Kate here.

Alisa Frei said...

Such a fun post! I can't believe how much she's grown! And Nicole, I WANT that recipe, it's chicken right?

Nicole said...

That was the cutest post!! I think you got more pictures of Kate in the short time you were here than I have got of her since she was born! Thanks again so much for coming to Houston, it was fun to spend time with you and to get away for awhile.
Alisa- yep, it's chicken. I'll email you the recipe!

Kasey said...

Holy cow! How long did that collage take you? So cute!!!

And Nicole, you need to STOP with the gourmet cooking. You're making me look bad. But it does look great. Will you email the recipe to me too?!

Karlena said...

Gwama, you are wonderful. I want to be like you when I grow up.