Hi Bev! I hope you don't mind if I make a guest post on your blog. I just wanted to share a really yummy recipe that I got out of a cookbook Jason bought me called The Kids Cookbook Bible (or something like that). It's a really cute book with lots of yummy and easy recipes. I made these cookies for a craft night I had at my house last night and everyone loved them! Here they are, sorry no picture:
Layered Cookie Bars
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 3/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
6 tbls cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
3/4 cup Heath toffee bits (I found some at the store next to the choc. chips)
1 cup walnuts
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a 13x9 baking dish in the oven (you could just melt the butter in the microwave in a bowl but this way you don't have to dirty up another bowl!). Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa powder and sugar and pour on top of the butter. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of the crumb mixture. Top with the choc. chips, toffee bits and walnuts. Pat down firmly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yum! These are so good.
3 comments:
I read your post and I thought I had 'lost' it. I couldn't remember writing a recipe post last night. Whew, I don't have alzheimer's! It looks like a great recipe. Greg and Paul will be here for dinner on Sunday...I'll try it. Now, of course, Paul consumes no suger, but the rest of us do! Both Alisa and Kasey wanted your chicken recipe. Why don't you post it on mine and they can get it from there. Just an idea.
Oh yum. Thanks Nicole! I will be making these as soon as I can get to the store for the ingredients. And thanks for the chicken recipe as well. Can't wait to try it!
YUM! Thanks Nicole! Can't wait to try these. I also got the chicken recipe, we're having it this week! YUM!
Post a Comment