Grandma Schiffgen is amazing. She's ninety-two and still has 'most' of her marbles. I've never seen her without lipstick, dressed and hair smartly groomed. She putters around her house and even works in the flower beds. She uses 'colorful' words to lament the fact that she's still alive. Quite frankly, however, it's frustrating listening to her repeat herself, but I try to just smile and act like I haven't heard the story. While visiting one day, I discovered she had never had a manicure. Well, I could fix that up in a hurry. I quickly made appointments for both of us and whisked her away to the nail salon. I think she enjoyed the afternoon.

2 comments:
The picture of you and Grandma is so cute!! I love it.
That picture is SO CUTE!!!! Never had a manicure in 92 yrs??? Way to put a stop to that!
Post a Comment