Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

We went to Midway for the holiday weekend. We were so excited to try out our new toys.
 
Posted by Picasa

This is one of the reasons why I love Midway. I love being able to see God's creations in it's own habitat.

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


As I approached these fine birds, Roger pointed out that turkeys bristle their feathers when they feel threatened. I guess I was making this turkey nervous.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


We biked 27 miles. Since Roger exercises everyday, he is in good shape. He patiently encouraged me up the stairs.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


We are getting used to securing our bikes on our new yakima bike rack. We had to buy a trailer receiver to attach the rack onto the SUV. As we were about a mile down the road, we heard a thumbing sound. Roger turned to me and said, "Have you seen my helmet? I think I might have left it on top of the car." He pulled off the road and the car behind us pulled up and said, "did you lose a helmet?" The car behind us had picked it up. Roger thanked the good samaritans. I wish I had a picture of our 'harrie eye roll' duet.
 
Posted by Picasa


On our way home we stopped by Wasatch Lawn Cemetery. It was a beautiful site. We felt peace as we looked across the vast acres. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alisa Frei said...

So FUN!!! And great bikes! 27 miles???? I couldn't do that.

Sue said...

You two have THE life!