Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's About Time

Yes, I know....it's been a long time since my last blog. This summer has raced by. We've been so busy. Rather than try to catch up, I'm blogging the event that I took the least amount of pictures. One of the reasons I procrastinate blogging family events is because I take too many pictures and I just can't decide which ones to use. Ummm...could there be a lesson learned here? duh!

Matt, Kasey and the kids drove from Ft Collins to SLC for a short visit. Matt drove in on a Sunday afternoon, the 3 of us drove to Roger's clinic for his preop, then Monday morning Roger performed lasik surgery. The next day, Matt's eyes were 20/15. Great job Roger!!! Sunday night Kasey and the kids arrived. This is evidence that the kids had arrived.


I got to observe Matt's lasik procedure. I must say, this was the first time I actually called Matt a wimp. He was acting like a 3 yr old just to put drops in his eyes. During the surgery, his knuckles were white as he clenched his fists on his abdomen and the nurse had to keep reminding him to stay still during the 10 minute procedure. Matt's postop instructions from Roger were to 'take it easy' and 'don't use your eyes much'. Matt didn't seem to comprehend what that meant. I had to confiscate his cell phone, text messages to various people for him, and practically tie him to the couch. I was his nurse, his secretary and the ENFORCER. At his 24hr post op followup, he was seeing 20/15. Good job Roger!!!! Matt had the best surgeon! Immediately after his post op visit he returned to Cheyenne to gather his new employees for their first official staff meeting.

Alot of Kasey's friends from Iowa were in town visiting relatives so it was a perfect time to renew friendships. I admire Kasey being able to haul 4 kids to Provo to see Alex (Kasey's sister), go to a park to visit with friends, attend a birthday party, and I think she braved Lagoon Amusement Park. She is superwoman with those kids!!!

Kasey and the kids stayed 2 days with us; then she stayed 2 days with Iowa friends. The day she left, I walked downstairs to find the playroom flooded with water. The water heater had burst. Most water heaters break and start to leak at the bottom of the tank. But not this one....water was spewing from the top pipe. I estimated the time of the flood to be Thursday night (that's the night I took our realtor through the house and everything was in good working condition)....and this was Tuesday morning. Kasey and kids helped me remove all the toys into the storage room. I tossed everything that was wet because it had been sitting in water for 5 days. The scene was somewhat comical (now that I look back). As I said, "toss that toy", one of the kids would shout...."can I have it?" Poor Kasey had to deal with 4 kids wanting to take everything back with her. But Gwama prevailed...just the barrel of monkeys toy landed in their car to which they joyfully took back with them to Colorado.

I'll spare you the details of the flood. Just think of the word 'hell' and that would describe the following 6 days. Just a note....the flood happened the same day the house hit the MLS. I wonder if that is an oman?

It was a quick trip for Matt; and saying goodbye to his family 'again' would only be for a short time.




Here's a good picture of Matt and Kasey. (the sunglasses were to protect his newly corrected eyes)


I guess this is the new way to read to the kids these days.

Here's some cute pics of the fam



Sienna let me know she had had enuf pictures for one day! ...she's hilarious. I enjoyed playing tennis in the backyard with Kaden and Alexa. Ethan loved holding the racket and would cry if someone took it away from him. And just like his big bro, Ethan LOVES throwing balls. "E BOY" is so cute. I wish he could stay little forever. Kaden is such a devoted big brother. They are inseparable and it was touching to watch. Alexa has grown up so fast. She must be going on 15 yrs. She also loved to play tennis. And Sienna...well, she still is the best hugger ever!!!!!

3 comments:

cyrie said...

Bev, we miss your cute face. Come and visit us.

Alisa Frei said...

So Cute!!! Matt and Kasey look as good as they did 10 yrs ago!

Karlena said...

How fun to have family, even if you do find half eaten bananas in the living room. They all look so good and OLD! How did that happen?
So what is the housing plan? Sorry about your flood. Our water heater did almost the same thing as we were doing one last check through the house before we drove out of town before coming here. We were blessed to find it. It would have been two weeks before anyone found it. So sorry.