Monday, March 7, 2011
Hunk for My B-day
Now that I have your attention.....I had the best birthday ever. I came downstairs this morning and found a boquet of my favorite flowers, Cummings chocolate covered cherries and this card on the kitchen table....(the front of the card is the guy above, Roger's note is written below.
This card alone might not seem very impressive. However, knowing the behind scenes makes it extra special. When we got married, I initiated the tradition of "no gift giving". My 'relationship history' prior to Roger was that the guy would buy gifts to impress. I wanted a relationship where material things were not exchanged in lieu of treating me with kindness, trust and respect. I feel it's my birthday, Christmas or wedding anniversary everyday because Roger treats me with kindness, trust and respect all the time! I am blessed.
Getting back to the card. I asked for 2 things from Roger this year. First, was that I could read his writing on the birthday card. And secondly, that he would write more than one sentence. WOW...I got both...double whammie! Thank you, sweetie!
P.S. I've noticed the past few years his note writing has become shorter and shorter. I guess that just comes with being married as many years as we have. I should post the notes he wrote me when we were dating.....they were LONG epistles.
P.S.S. I love Roger's sense of humor: 2 sentences instead of 1; surely he remembers I had a tummy tuck in 1998!
P.S.S.S. he just committed to 3 sentences next year!
P.S.S.S.S. he just qualified what he said....3 shorter sentences! Gotta love him!!!!!
This picture shows what beautiful colors adorn our home with special wishes from our kids. We have wonderful children. Thank you, EVERYONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I thought that was my brother Chris' face on that card at first!
Happy Birthday Bev. I love Roger's card. Especially the underlined Abs. Funny guy.
Post a Comment