Thursday, April 21, 2011

Matt & Kasey's Visit to SLC in March

Roger and I were upgraded big time...thanks to Matt and Kasey. We now have a new desktop HD computer/monitor without a tower; everything is hidden and we now have audio that works...yippee. Matt went 'over the top' (does that surprise anyone) by setting up the master bedroom with LG HD TV, blueray player and apple TV. We are very grateful for his generosity and his willingness (actually patience) to keep us technically up to date. So Matt's visit was basically a work visit. He did have time to have dinner with friends from dental school.

While Matt was working, Roger checked the kids eyes. It was very interesting. Poor Ethan had a difficult time getting his eyes dilated. But he loved playing with the sunglasses. I don't think Kasey thought she was going to be a patient...but she was, to her shagrin.
 

 

They arrived late Thursday night...1-2am Friday. When Roger went to work at his normal time, the kids were awake...so he got them settled downstairs in the playroom. Shortly after he left, I felt a lightweight finger tapping my sleepy body on the shoulder. "Gwama? Gwama? Gwama....I'm hungry" I was awakened everso quietly by the tender voice of Sienna. I turned over and there was Sienna staring at me, eyeball to eyeball. How could I resist. I went downstairs to get her breakfast. The other kids heard us in the kitchen and it didn't taken them long to venture up the basement stairs. I was amazed at how Kaden actually ran the show. It was like he was the man in charge. He knew exactly what Ethan would eat and helped with his 2 sisters. Like clockwork, Kaden cleaned up the aftermath...I was mostly an observer. Then Kaden led us all back downstairs where Gwama found the adult costume box. Was I surprised Ethan loved the hat....not.
 

Grandpa Roger knows how to entertain kids and he does it quite effortlessly....outdoors; hence a trip to Wheeler Farm! The kids loved it.
 

 

Picture in the chicken coup
 

 

Sweet Picture
 

Picture in the outhouse
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ethan shot faster than a bullet to the mud puddle. Grandpa wasn't fast enough!
 

Just as Grandpa got Ethan out of the mud puddle off the road....Ethan found another mud puddle ON the road.
 

The Henry gang with Gwama
 

I was amazed at Kaden's talent with his yoyo!
 
Posted by Picasa


There's more to this post....a trip to grocery store to buy bread to feed the ducks. ETA, hopefully soon.

2 comments:

Alisa Frei said...

Great pictures mom! It looked like a fun trip!

Sue said...

What wonderful memories!!! I just love this family.....