Saturday, August 25, 2007

Carpenter Bev

Well, here I am holding the new valance for the blinds in the family room.

I love my Festool saw. I feel like I'm in my dad's workshop when I'm working with handsaws and hammers. My job back then was to sweep dad's shop and organize the different sized screws and nails.......that's where I got the 'organizer' gene!!!! You can't see if very well in this picture, but notice the green tubing under my right elbow. Yep, that's the vacuum. I can saw, saw, and saw without a mess.

I learned how to sand the wood.......carefully. Tom keeps telling me, "you're not doing it right....let the machine do the work....you're trying too hard." So, I feel like I'm back in dad's workshop. That's ok.....but I like learning from a pro like Tom.

Now you can see the vacuum real good. I love it! We installed the shades and valance last week. The only thing we have to do is attach some molding at the top (the ceiling was not level). I'll send pics of the finished product next week.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Go Bev! I am very impressed. And that vacuum is right up your alley!

Sheldon Frei said...

That is sweet, Bev. I had no idea. Whose workshop is that? That looks like a dream come true.