I love it when Roger brings home my favorite flowers. In fact, when I walked downstairs on Wednesday morning, after Roger had left, these flowers were placed in a glass vase and waiting for me. It just warmed my heart....and Valentine's Day wasn't until Saturday. We have agreed not to exchange any type of holiday gifts, so I guess he thought these flowers were before Valentine's Day and it didn't count. He is so thoughtful. By Friday, this is how the blooms looked. It was a fibrant spray of open lillys.

Finally, Roger wasn't on call for the weekend and it was a 3 day weekend. Hooray, we went to the condo. It's been ages since we've been able to go. We'd like to go at least once a month. Although that's what we discussed, I know better. If there's a Saturday morning and he hears the Alta mountains calling, he'll be traveling up a different canyon. But that's ok, I want him to enjoy the snow while its still here. The next picture is out of sequence, nevertheless, it gives you an idea of the beauty of Midway. The bridge seen in the upper part of the picture is around the 9th hole of the golf course.
I made a quick trip to Costco and purchased our Sunday dinner. Surprisingly, it was a great choice. We went to the Midway 5th Ward sacrament meeting (11am). We sat next to a couple about our age that commute from Atlanta and Midway every couple weeks. We were grateful our commute was only 45 minutes. Oh, and we are convinced the 45 minutes sacrament meetings at the detention center is more our style.
After church and a nice meal....off for a Sunday stroll. Yep, snowshoeing.

It was a beautiful day. The air was brisk, the sky was blue and we were excited to finally use our snowshoes again. They've been hibernating for a few years, but they worked just great. We drove to Wasatch Park and started our stroll. It took us a while to get all our gear on. Roger kept reminding me to layer, so I had prepared well for layering. Well, it wasn't long before the neck scarf was off....

Then the next layer ....

By that time, Roger was way ahead of me. I could never see us living anywhere else but in Salt Lake. Roger loves the ski season and being outdoors. It was so peaceful out there, all alone with the beauty of the world surrounding every sense.
Roger was a good guide and showed me animal tracks. Actually, I think he was looking for an elk he had seen before at the same place last year!

As you can see, I am way behind Roger. He was very patient walking ahead then waiting for me.

We had a very relaxing weekend. We watched videos, played scrabble
(I won,hehe), munched, watched TV and worked on our computers.....Roger CAN relax......and thus he did. We left Midway a little melancholy, but the weather outside was getting bad. Another snow storm was on the way.

Where else in the world can you leave one destination with falling snow cascading across the fields and in 30 minutes, the Salt Lake valley opens up her lofty arms greeting us back home? Life is good.
1 comment:
SO GORGEOUS!!!! I'm glad you two had a nice, relaxing weekend together. You deserve it!!! We miss the snow!!!
Post a Comment