Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life at the Frei's

It was fun to be a fly on the wall at the Frei house as they entered a new phase of life. I think God gives mothers extra strength and stamina to start nuturing a new member of the family, all the while keeping up with life in general. Schedules are re-defined and re-prioritized to accommodate the changes that occur. I've witnessed the fatigue of a new mother as she becomes the lifeline to a small human being, unable to do anything for himself. In spite of sleep deprivation, in a split second as she cradles the infant ever so close to her heart providing nourishment in the silent wee hours of the night, the new mother is filled with divine love that sustains and nourishes the lifegiver...perhaps symbionic in nature.

I also believe God grants grandmothers the extra strength and stamina to perform far beyond they are physcially and mentally capable under normal circumstances...for grandmothers know in the extremity the sacredness of these miracles. Thank you Alisa, Sheldon, DJ, Ciara and Jackson for letting me step inside your world to experience vicariously those tender feelings of new life unfolding.

2 comments:

Karlena said...

What a wonderful job you did on this! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you survived and the little family is well on their way. Gongrats to all!!
Love, Karlena

Nicole said...

Alisa looks beautiful! But I feel tired just thinking about her life with 3 kiddos!