I think it was in August (ok, I'm bad at blogging) that Kasey and the kids drove to Utah for a few days. Kasey's parents were vacationing at Snowbird and they were having a family reunion. It really worked out because we had just put the house up for sale and I was trying to keep it clean. I had a few hours with the grandkids and was nervous about the house, so I suggested we go to the costume shop to buy halloween costumes! Can you imagine having costumes ready for the kids in August...what a treat. No staying up til 2am making costumes for Kasey...and no messing up the house for gwama....a perfect combination.
In Murray, there's a neat costume shop on State Street. Oh, such a lovely place to explore....and that we did.
Gwama loved this costume. It wasn't exactly what Alexa wanted, but after putting on the costume...she loved it. Isn't she a beautiful witch? I think it could be a princess costume, too....without the hat and broom.
All of us had fun with the jokester items. Ethan wanted the glasses Gwama Bev was going to get for Gwampa Roger's office.
We were lucky to find exactly what Kaden wanted to be.
For Sienna, it was like being in a candy store. Her eyes beamed looking at all the choices. I think she ended up with 'Mariel'.
Kasey was reluctant to choose a costume. Can you believe she's had 4 kids and looks like this? She was NO witch....just a hottie mommie. Sienna begged to try on her colorful wig accessory. The kids were in wonderment gazing at their mommie.
Ethan had a ball and wanted to touch and feel everything. Gwama and Ethan played peek-a-boo with the witches broom.
But when it got to putting ON a costume....E-Boy was not going to cooperate. "What's the matter?" asked Kasey. We all know he loves hats, but we couldn't understand why he didn't want to put on the Yoda hat. About this time, Ethan was getting tired. So, no costume for Ethan. (Kasey found the perfect Yoda costume back in Ft. Collins.)
I had a wonderful time with the grandkids. One last note. Do you notice the "Muscle Man" costume I'm holding? Well, that was for Matt. However, Kasey told me he would never, never, never put on a costume (what a party-pooper). So....I've got Muscle Man costume at the house. Do you think Gwampa Roger would wear it?




1 comment:
The costumes looked amazing!!
Post a Comment